It's 2 pm and you're feeling like a sloth.
You're staring at your computer screen, but you just can't seem to focus on the task at hand. So instead, you keep getting up to stretch, drink more water, or take a quick break. Sound familiar? If you're looking for a way to increase productivity and concentration in the middle of the day, look no further than your favourite fruits and vegetables!
Here are the best fruits and veggies to fuel your brain:
- Blueberries, along with other berries, are little powerhouses for brain health. They're packed with antioxidants and phytonutrients that can help improve memory and fuel your brain.
- Spinach is another nutrient-rich food that's great for your brain. It's high in vitamins K, A, and C and folic acid and iron. All of these nutrients are essential for cognitive health.
- Avocados are a great source of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. In addition, the healthy fats in avocados can help improve blood flow to the brain!
- Citrus fruits like oranges and lemons are a great source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is vital for cognitive function and immune health.
- Tomatoes are another brain-boosting food. They're rich in lycopene, an antioxidant shown to improve memory and cognitive function.
- Carrots are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. For a healthy and filling snack, try dipping your carrots in hummus!
- Bananas are a great source of potassium and vitamin B-12. In addition, the natural glucose will boost your focus and creativity for the rest of the day.
- If you're not a banana fan, try eating an apple! Apples are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and fibre to satisfy you until your next meal. For a quick snack, dip your apples in peanut butter.
Whenever your midday work slump hits, you will be prepared with the best foods to help you power through the rest of the day!
Another alternative . . . instead of remembering to pack these fruits and veggies for work every day, why not see if your organisation can have them delivered to your office or home for you and your staff? With a Good and Fugly subscription box, your brain will thank you for fueling it with nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables every day.